Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I never knew I could love this much


This living room. This house. I love this house.

Oh wait, did you think I was talking about my children?

Of course I love my kids. But, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids in this house.

We moved in over labor day (10 days ago) and I am just so happy. It's like the sun shines brighter here. The air is cleaner. The boys get along better. Mommy is more patient. There is less crying in the mornings. And bedtime is way easier with a 3rd bedroom.

I mean sure Silas has regressed when he was completely potty trained. Canaan is still in his stinker phase. Judah is sad because all his friends moved on to first grade. Seth will NOT STOP pinching everyone during wrestling. Titus has a new tic where he randomly blows on his legs. Oh, and also he keeps holding things with his thumbs and pinkies which drives his OT momma crazy. And Levi, the jerk, won't stop growing up. He spent all Saturday with a friend in Hot Springs at the lake. I wasn't even there to make sure he re-applied sunscreen or ya know didn't DIE from drowning. He kept his own almost-11-year-old self alive without needing my assistance whatsoever. The nerve of my firstborn.

So all that to say we are definitely still the Joneses and choas still abounds, but I am just so happy in this house. I remember lamenting 7 months ago about losing a house that was perfect for us and then two more also falling through. In my mind I had figured out why each of those houses were exactly what we needed. But, frankly that's before I even knew to pray for a house with an indoor rock wall.


Because we have a house with an indoor rock wall. What in the world? I'm assuming it's a safe bet that we have the only house in this entire city with a rock wall. And like an idiot, 7 months ago I whined to God "don't you know we need this other house."


 We also have a table now that our whole family can fit around. No more yelling from the kitchen at the back of the house- to our carpeted (cringe) dining room at the front of our house: "Boys stay at the table. Sit down. Stay in your seat." It appears that when Cory and I are sitting next to them, they just automatically stay at the table with the family. And thanks to some super generous friends we will actually be SITTING at our new table together because they gifted us with new barstools!!! 






 The big four have their own bedroom now that has a built in desk for all their legos- and an awesome loft for extra sleeping space. But naturally all of them still squeeze onto the tiny Ikea bottom bunk.

But it's fine. Ikea doesn't mess around. Those beds are sturdy. 


I could go on and on about the things I love in this house- and I do actually- just ask my friends. And just when I think I've gone down the list, I'll remember one more...


 Like our back deck


Or our back yard


 Or my no boys allowed (sans Mr Jones) master suite...with it's own bathroom...and it's own jacuzzi tub... and it's own view of our private back yard. 



Sure we had some great memories in our little 2 bedroom/1 bath Heights bungalow. Nothing will ever replace Ms Jamie aka the best neighbor that ever existed.


And I will miss our front porch/lego war zone. 


BUT I AM JUST SO HAPPY NOW.

We've got this amazing house for the next two years. It's weird, but we have always been able to see God's hand moving in the circumstances around us getting a house. Seriously- that's been true ever since our first apartment in Richmond, VA 13 years ago- and it has followed us for four moves after that. That story deserves it's own post though. 

God has a history of showing himself through a burning bush, a parted sea, and an infant baby among other bizarre things. It's really not so weird that He could use a house. 

I know I have my plans about what I would love to see happen for our family here. 

But I can't wait to see what God does.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home